Have you been searching for a recordkeeping program to help you keep track of notes, but don't need a fully-fledged practice management program? Or, do you currently use a robust practice management program but need something more flexible for selected patients/clients? If so, you aren't alone. Count yourself among the thousands of therapists and evaluators who want something to bridge the gap between a regular pad of paper and an insurance industry-centric practice management program.
Until now, you've probably had to improvise.
Which one of these is you (or someone you know who looks just like you)?
- "I use technology in my everyday life, but not in my practice. I'd like to, but nothing seems to meet my needs..... I feel like I should be moving towards electronic records."
- "I take my notes on a Word file. I have a single file that I add to with every session."
- "I type out my notes on my computer, print and place the paper copy in the file, but don't save the note to disc."
- "I use a combination of programs on my computer. I have my files in an encrypted folder or hard drive on my laptop. I use my own local backup system or use cloud-based storage to keep my backups."
- "I use DropBox. I've heard it is secure, but I don't know if I can store healthcare records there."
- "Don't ask me about my recordkeeping system. Please don't disturb my denial. I think I should be doing something more, but I don't know what I should be doing. I hope nothing bad ever happens."